Saturday, September 4, 2010

Variable-Interval Blog Posting

For the last couple of weeks I have been thinking a lot about my blog or, rather, lack thereof. The constant desire to amend this has haunted me but obviously I'm not afraid of ghosts (harhar).
Today another roommate is moving in and honestly, I have failed to think of something else I would rather do while the crazy is happening outside my bedroom door. So I've turned to blogging the unknown.
I suppose I could start with what I have been doing the last couple of weeks. I arrived safely in CA after a beautiful, terrifying, and strangely relaxing drive. The first couple of days were spent meeting and greeting the friends of a fellow Northwestern->Azusa friend. These adventures involved a lot of firsts including, but not limited to, pools in the apartment complexes, beer pong, In-N-Out, and tours of the now less confusing campus of APU.
The next Sunday I met my office. Technically, I work in the office of the Associate Dean (Shino) but for the Women's Resource Center (still Shino). Sharing our office is All-Student Leadership. The people that make up the office are: Shino, Jeannette (admin), Tiff (2nd year grad for ASL), Kristen (undergrad for ASL), Rebecca (2nd year for WRC), me (1st year grad for WRC), and Amanda (undergrad for WRC). If I were to be completely honest, I'd tell you I have issues with working in groups. But this blog is not the place to talk about my (many) personality issue(s). So instead I'll just say this will be a year of challenge, growth, and a LOT of fun; I already know I have been blessed with an amazing office full of people that I have already grown to cherish.
This year I will be a part of the initiation and/or programming of many large and (compared to NW) extravagant events. I think it will be a lot of work...but I am truly excited for it.
I did meet my cohort(graduate class) last Tuesday. There are about 45 of us. Honestly, I didn't make too much of an effort to get to know them yet-- I'm not a big fan of random mingling. However, I think once class starts connections will be made.
Between a couple of the above sentences I went to Pasadena to meet up with a couple of NW people. The time was really great...even though we really didn't talk much about Northwestern. I think the comfort of a common base was a large part of said greatness.
Well. I think that's a sufficient life update. Hopefully in the future I will be more proactive with my blog...but no promises.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee! I am looking forward to hearing more about it and hopefully talking to you on the phone really soon :)

    ReplyDelete