Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Obsession

 I adore fall. The colors of the trees, the crinkle of leaves, the richness of pumpkin, and the crisp taste of apples are all wonderful physical reminders that fall is here.

This is the time of year when I anticipate the coolness of the air and the chill in the wind. I count down the days to boots and scarves, pumpkin spice lattes, chilly walks down colorful streets.
I treasure the moments when I have the minutes, or sometimes hours, to sit by an open window with a good book and many blankets.
This is the time of year when I feel most alive.
Right now I am in a coffee shop sipping the aforementioned latte and staring out the window while Glen Hansard's voice urges me to digest this day of less than 70 degree weather and leave my homework for when the sky no longer holds that wondrous grey hue.
Too bad it's due tomorrow:)

Update:
The Women's Resource Center job is going SO great. I treasure the people that I have been so blessed to work with this year.
I will start again at UCR soon and look forward to that continuation.
Classes are great, but my motivation is not. I am really appreciating the Legal & Ethical Issues class that mostly consists of higher education law-- I am learning much.
Also, I love being back at church, living with 5 other girls in our little condo, and being reunited with the members of my cohort:)

Though I have been busy and very involved with school/work as of late, I do think of those of you I have left in the Midwest. I think of you all often and hope you are enjoying your fall as much as I am!

1 comment:

  1. blog request: a day in the life of Brittany. To be more specific - what exactly you do - examples, stories...you know, the usual. What your classes consist of. Where you think you'll be next fall.

    Pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete