Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blog it Out

You know the phrase, "hug it out"?
If you do, skip the next line. If you don't, read on.
Basically, it means if you have a problem with somebody or something, just hug it out and move on.
So I have a problem. Rather, I have many and I so wish to just "blog it out."
So currently I am going to school for higher education, right? Yes. I am the first to admit I love everything about higher ed...but I am still not satisfied. I think this has less to do with the program and more to do with my personal identity. I feel that I am so often ok with where I am at, but always wishing for more. Does that make sense? I do not think so either.
For example, I am incredibly happy with my assistantship for this fall. Seriously thrilled. But part of me wants something different...more challenging. Get it? Disequilibrium.
Back to the career issue. While I love higher ed, I cannot help but wish for something else. This was my problem the last semester of my undergrad career. I had so many great ideas and no place to turn...so I just chose one.
Recently, however, my heart has been thinking of camp and how much I feel I would love that. I'm quite sure that my sentiments would be reversed if I was at camp.
Also, I wonder about my passions. I spend hours most days looking through creative blogs. Sometimes I get so excited about what I see that I smile and "ooh and ahh" [out loud] while I am sitting in my room alone...it's not uncommon that I talk to the projects. So part of me wonders if that's where my passions are-- DIY projects and party planning.
Other possible career paths: cooking, personal shopping, literature professor, and event coordinator.

I have discovered that there is a reason for all my flip flopping like a fresh-caught fish in a boat...I need need need variety and challenge. So I am constantly seeking different hobbies and interests. I love to take in a lot of information and want to do something with it...my insides are like my craft box, always calling my name but receiving meager amounts of attention.

Since I just realized this post is currently not applicable to anyone other than myself, I will do a little, "words of encouragement/what now/application."

I think people who are always in need of a challenge need to work and find ways to be creative about their potentially mundane projects. And the questioning? As far as I am aware, it is quite natural and subsequently needs to be embraced. So, try new things...discover passions...live your life widely. Using myself as an example, I can potentially: cook for my friends, use my job next year to plan extravagant events, do DIY projects as presents, and perhaps volunteer at a camp during my summers off (*fingers crossed*).

Now, if only "hug it out" was as effective as "blog it out."

Life udate:
I am in Riverside until August 25th
I start in Azusa the 20th for job training
Classes start September 7th
Job search will begin in January, but really take off in February and March

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.
— Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment